Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thank You, Captain Obvious

I believe we have a culture of so much covering-our-a#@!s that apparently all common sense has left the building. Many of you know that I started a new position in the last week. Below is the word-for-word text of a sign that is posted on the wall of my new office. I'm a little peeved, and have already complained to my preceptor, that she didn't go over this during training. I've been doing it all wrong.

OFFICE CHAIR
The chair is on wheels and on a floor pad to allow the chair to move easily over the carpet.
SAFETY REMINDER
When getting out of the chair, turn the chair so the back is into the desk to prevent the chair from slipping outward. Always use the arm rest prior to sitting or standing.
Thank you,
Management

This is not a joke. Well, it is, but in a pathetic, head-slapping sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment