Monday, October 11, 2010

Hoarders as Housekeeping Motivation

There is a "Hoarders" marathon on A&E today, so of course, because of the already-admitted obsession that I have, its on in the background while I am having a nice "at home" day. It actually inspired me to do something that I had read about in one of my Alexandra Stoddard lifestyle books.

From the front door, I took a photo of the first impression as I walk into my home. Then came the kitchen and the dining room. Honestly, I was a bit surprised at how it looked on film. Unnoticed in everyday life, but laid bare on "film" are a few items that I have been putting off dealing with. And then just began ignoring. So now I have a list. And am working my way through it.

Try it! You might be surprised at how others see your home. And at least for me, its very important that it be welcoming anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment