I've had about a dozen people email me this list in one form or another...so I am posting it here. Enjoy my self-indulgence as I assume you all wish to read about me.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper with my (now famous) recycled ribbons.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Tree...tree...I think we had one of those once. No room now. (I might be slightly bitter about that!)
3. When do you put up the tree? Read question #2.
4. When do you take the tree down? What's this?! More lemon juice on the papercut?!
5. Do you like egg nog? Oh, YES!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I did have a green and yellow Tonka truck that I remember loving!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, the old and much loved one that I grew up with.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My stepdad...but I think I finally nailed it this year!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom...hands down!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Except for co-workers and local friends. They get an email...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, easy! My mom gave me her old waffle iron one year...I don't mind hand-me-down gifts, but this was the worst waffle maker ever. I remember it sticking everytime we used it when I was a kid. Worst of all, I hauled that thing around for years, never used it once, until Mom came to visit one time and said "let's make waffles" and I told her the sad truth. The waffle maker then hit the dumpster. And we still laugh about it. At least I do.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "It's a Wonderful Life". And I cry at the end every time!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy things when I see them, so I am usually done by December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? (head hung in shame) Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey and the trimmings. And German Apple Pancake for Christmas breakfast!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? What's with the tree again!? OK, if I had one...white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? This year I am enamoured with "What Child is This?"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Oh, I'm flexible...
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall...the most famous reindeer of all...Rudolph... (is it cheating that I just sang that at my computer?)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Sigh...I give up...
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who don't work full-time telling me how busy they are.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like color...lots of color!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A really, really good new digital camera and tripod and lenses.