Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Obligatory New Year's Reflection Post

Obviously this year has been one of ups and downs. On paper, the downs seem to outweigh the ups. But as I was discussing with a friend last night...surprisingly, when all is said and done...this has been a not altogether bad 2008.

I begin the new year with a sense of drive, of renewal, and of hope. Perhaps I am a bit of a "cockeyed optimist" (bonus points if you know what musical that is from), but I think that 2009 will be a good year for me.

I am ready (?) to start college this coming Monday. Work is going well. I have some really wonderful and faithful friends. The new-found relationship with my dad is growing. And God has been very present in my time of trouble. What more do I really need? Or deserve?

There, I'm glad to say that little bit of self-reflection is done. You possibly are as well.

Blessings to you all this upcoming year.

3 comments:

  1. In the grand scheme of things you have been blessed with friends, family, a job and unwavering faith and ambition.. You are blessed.

    Now could you blog a little more often? I enjoy your blog profoundly and miss you here at DCHC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, unwavering might be a stretch! :)

    Thanks for the kind words. I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are still able to count your blessings in spite of the elements of pain. I do pray your joy be made full and that you thrive in your new efforts!

    ReplyDelete