Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How to Grill Salmon

A few people have asked me recently how we like to grill our fish. It's probably one of my favorite meals, and very easy to prepare.

First, I prefer a charcoal grill. I know, I know, it's not nearly as easy as lighting the propane, but for pure flavor, it's how I really enjoy it.

Create a makeshift aluminum pan from heavy-duty foil. I am far too thrifty to buy one every time, and the skin will stick to the pan bottom, so for pure ease of clean-up, this is the way to go.

Lay the fish, skin side down, in the pan.

Silver salmon spread with homemade spiced peach preserves.


Season (here are a few ideas):
  • spread with butter, sprinkle Johnny's seasoning, drizzle with honey
  • apricot or peach preserves
  • mix mayo, Dijon mustard, capers, salt and pepper, and fresh parmesan
Add about 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pan to keep the fish lovely and moist

Grill for approximately 15 minutes. Check for doneness easily with a fork. When fish "flakes" apart...it's ready to enjoy.

Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment