Thursday, March 6, 2008

He Will Strengthen Your Heart

Finally, the last chapter of my brief devotional series:

Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Psalm 27:14

What does trusting in His strength look like in real life? It remembers these verses:

Lord, I cry out to You; make haste to me!...Psalm 141:1
My strength is made perfect in weakness…2 Corinthians 12:9
Without Me, you can do nothing…John 15:5

Strength in the Lord comes from recognizing
our dependence upon Him,
our need for Him,
and our utter failure and destruction without Him.

In response to our needs, there are numerous well-known and often-quoted verses in the Bible with references to God’s strength. Here are just a few:

O Lord, My strength and my Redeemer…Psalm 19:14
The Lord is the strength of my life…Psalm 27:1
Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength…Isaiah 40:31

Do you feel weak today?
Do you feel as you can do nothing?
You’re right!

But God, who is infinitely strong…He is your strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment