Friday, September 24, 2010

Things Joe Has Taught Me

Not everything has to be done "right now"
Being a git-er-done kind of person, I want everything solved, completed, or fixed today. Yesterday would be nice, too. But that's just not feasable. There is, of course, a time and a place for quick and decisive action, and my nature will come in handy there. In my private life...I'm learning to slow it down a bit.

Being kind is a two-way street
I love to spoil my guy. I think he deserves it. The pleasant surprise has been, that my little bits of sweetness are given right back in different ways. Unexpected ways, like the sharing of his GPS this week. With Joe, sharing of the electronics is huge. Really huge.

It's good to treat yourself to things once in a while
This has always been hard for me. I have always felt guilty spending money on myself. But Joe encourages me to occasionally get new clothes or my hair done, because he says I work hard and deserve a little treat once in a while.

I am so thankful to have him!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby says you gotta PAY yourself first.
    I think it would be nice if that got done - referring to your 1st paragraph - last YEAR ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete