Friday, March 12, 2010

On Taxes

I just finished finding how much government waste I am funding this year. Let me just say, it ain't no picnic being single. Apparently, I am, according to the government statistics, in the middle class. I'd like to see those politicians live on my wages without a roommate in this area. It's tough! However, others have articulated my thoughts already, so here are a few taxation gems.

The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. ~Ronald Reagan

If the Lord loveth a cheerful giver, how he must hate the taxpayer! ~John Andrew Holmes

The best things in life are free, but sooner or later the government will find a way to tax them. ~Author Unknown

I guess I had better include a bit of attitude adjustment here at the end:

I am thankful for the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed. ~Nancie J. Carmody

No comments:

Post a Comment