Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Latest at Work

We've had a little upheaval lately at work. The hospital, like many other businesses in the area, is having a hiring freeze...and a budget crisis. The joy of working for a non-profit hospital, is that as more and more people lose their health care, more and more come in for "charity" care. Which means our numbers go up, as does the work load. The flip side is that income is down, which means budget cuts.

It seems as though my job is safe. Relatively. But we will also be "bidding" for shifts based on seniority after the schedule is streamlined and reconfigured. And my schedule will look different. I'm actually excited, as this might be my chance to get to swings. We shall see, and I should know something by the end of the month.

All in all, I am just so thankful to be in health care right now. And to have my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment