Monday, January 7, 2008

Anything? Really?

Please pardon a little shameless self-introspection. It's been a rough 24 hours. As I got in the car today to run work errands, I flipped on the car radio (to our network, of course) and said, "OK, God, I need a little encouragement here."

Despite my treatment of the Lord as my personal "genie-in-a-bottle", He did answer my prayer...just not in the way that I expected, or wanted.

The song "Jesus Bring the Rain" by MercyMe was playing when I turned the car back on. This is NOT the song I want to hear. Here's the chorus:

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

So I can't sing along, because right now it's a total lie. I don't want "anything" that brings Him glory. Right now I want a little relief. I want the $5000 a week for life from Publisher's Clearing House. I want a foot massage. I want a vacation at the beach.

Whiny self-introspection over. I'll try to have a better word of encouragement tomorrow. Of course, blogs that are always happy-happy-nice-nice bore me to death.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say thank you!! I thought I was the only one in the world that was whiney, and self-seeking. Now I know that I have a sister in whining!! Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great appreciation for your transparency! I stumbled onto your blog and have found it quite refreshing. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete