We are accustomed to think of our good things as in reversion, but here we are told that we shall have them in possession.
Not all the malice and cunning of our enemies can work our destruction: they shall fall into the pit which they have digged. Our inheritance is so entailed upon us that we shall not be kept out of it, nor so turned out of the way as to miss it.
But what have we now?
- We have a quiet conscience through the precious blood of Jesus.
- We have the love of God set upon us beyond all change.
- We have power with God in prayer in all time of need.
- We have the providence of God to watch over us,
- the angels of God to minister to us,
- and, above all, the Spirit of God to dwell in us.
In fact, all things are ours. "Whether things present or things to come: all are yours." Jesus is ours. Yea, the divine Trinity in unity is ours. Hallelujah. Let us not pine and whine and stint and slave, since we have good things in possession. Let us live on our God and rejoice in Him all the day. Help us, 0 Holy Ghost!