Monday, February 12, 2007

On Being Halfway to 70

Okay, I'm really not being a baby...really. I celebrated (and I use that term loosely) my 35th birthday this past weekend. This means a few things to me that are rather sobering. First of all, I am no longer in the 19-34 age group of most surveys, rather, I am now lumped in with people up to 49. I can hear all of you who are near to 49 groaning...but its not about you! Ha ha! It also means that I am officially halfway to 70. Since the current average life expectancy is 76.9 years...gasp...I am suddenly feeling much much older. And I won't even begin to discuss the rapidly spreading grey streak.

The book of Ephesians tells us to "redeem the time...for the days are evil". This means to make every day count for the kingdom of heaven. So I am taking some time this week for some examination of how my remaining time will best be spent.

And yes...I am mostly kidding... Mostly.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe that Proverbs 16:31 says something about silver hair...
    "The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness."
    Besides, you pull it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn 28 this year. For the first time I'm starting to realize that I have nothing in common with my 20 year old neighbor. I don't feel 28.

    ReplyDelete