Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thoughts on 1 Peter 1:3-5

The Lord has directed me to begin a Bible study for the younger ladies in (and not in!) our fellowship here. Small beginnings, as there were 2 of us last Sunday evening. However, as He always does, God really blessed my study time and has much more to teach me than I am capable of teaching others. We will be studying 1 Peter...please pray for us!

I Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.


I love Peter (who knew from firsthand experience how easy it was to fall) and how he recognizes that it is in God's hands to keep you, and that it is God alone who has that power. It's so easy for me to get wrapped up in "all that I do for the Lord"...as though somehow He needs some assistance from me! So my focus the last couple of weeks has been to think about the "living hope" that Jesus has given to me. It's alive!

That alone is all the evidence I need for the mercy of God!

1 comment:

  1. ... the other one of the two that where there.February 2, 2007 at 1:11 AM

    By the way... I thought you did a great job. May the Lord continue to give you His perspective and His heart for you and what He places before you.

    ReplyDelete